Pinterest recently emerged as a top 10 social site, and it’s done this loudly and proudly. With 11 million visitors during the week of December 17th, the service grew 4,000% compared to six months earlier. Sites like Etsy are seeing big spikes in traffic referrals from Pinterest.
So what is Pinterest?
Think: digital scrapbooking.
The service, which is currently invite-only, lets users take content they care about from around the Web and organize them into “boards.” However, if brands are going to use Pinterest successfully, they are going to have to promote lifestyles or listen and use it is a business intelligence tool to see what is popular with their audience.
Here are the top 5 Pinterest tips for your brand:
1. Promote a lifestyle: Display your creativity. Create an experience to share with Pinterest followers. THE HEAVYWEIGHTS pins photos of their studio in Indianapolis because the office promotes their way of thinking.
2. Listen to feedback: Use your boards as a focus group.
3. Pin from various sources: Be sure to repin from within the site to engage with others.
4. Inspire your followers: What inspires you may inspire followers. For example, THE HEAVYWEIGHTS pins photos of the office’s CHALK TALK, a weekly inspirational quote that is drawn by a team member on Mondays.
5. Be Pinnable: Upload pins and create boards that others will want to repin. Make your boards visually appealing.
What is your best Pinterest advice? We want to know! Be sure to follow our agency on Pinterest.