If you are a new brand and are working hard to build a following, there are strategies that can help you use social media more effectively. Social media works by creating a space for conversation.
Here are some little ways you can use social media to meet your goals of building your brand with effective and consistent content.
- Build followers: One way is to create a conversation list.
Kingston encourages following people who inspire you, say intelligent things and challenge you to think differently.
After you accomplish this, focus on the target audience by creating a private conversation list. Hootsuite is one tool that allows you to create lists of people in different categories. With these lists, the possibilities are endless. You have the option to add people who inspire you, people who are experts in their field and even people who are fun to talk with. Most importantly, you are able to monitor your target audience.
Next, Adam suggests monitoring your various social media outlets and generating content.
- Review your social media monitoring result.
- Read and share information from others. This step makes up the bulk of your time. It is about finding the websites, tweets, posts, and people that contain good complementary content for your target audience. You then read that content and share it with your audience.
Lastly, Kingston explores some unique ways to engage followers and encourage them to interact more with your brand.
- Offer a Twitter-only special. If customers see your tweet, they receive a discount or deal.
- Reward people who retweet you. Give something away for people who help you promote your brand.
Using social media to meet your goals and build your brand is possible. It can be accomplished by understanding how conversations work and how to use social media to promote conversations that benefit you.
Let us help you build your brand. Take a look at the programs we provide and tell us what your most significant struggles with social media are.