Extraordinary content and all the money in the world will not increase website traffic overnight. If you are looking for the secret recipe for traffic increase, look no further. The industry that knows how to increase traffic best can be found in the kitchen: the food bloggers.
Traffic is one of the most important elements in the success of your website. If you do not focus on increasing your web traffic, the site is simply useless and your entire online existence is at risk. Social networking is the key to increasing traffic, but knowing how to network is an entirely separate issue.
Food bloggers do 5 things well that all businesses should practice:
- Have something others want. Food bloggers share family secrets, and businesses must share something prized as well. What is different about your content from a competitor’s?
- Use your keywords. Almost 90% of the general population said they go online for recipes. Why? Because they are easy to find from a simple Google search. Make your online content rich in keywords and utilize SEO in a similar manner.
- Link everything. Add social buttons and be sure to make them easy to find; for example, food bloggers provide a Pinterest button at the top of each recipe. Link your website to your other social profiles, link to your previous posts and reference the content of others.
- Be interactive. Food bloggers have videos, images and sometimes offer cooking classes. Do the same for your business and offer webinars, Google Hangouts, e-books, etc. The digital world is your oyster (no pun intended).
- Have patience. Some food blogs find an audience right away, but others take weeks or months. To connect with your readers, you must first give them time to like your content. Remain consistent in publishing content regularly because your results will come and the hard work will pay off.
What lessons have you learned about increasing traffic from food bloggers that you can apply to your business? What did you find helpful? Share your thoughts with us below.