Twitter users sent 20,000 tweets per second during the presidential debates, but how does this relate to the growth potential for your brand?
Most of the conversation around the debates included the conniving hashtags that we’re all familiar with by now. As a result, Big Bird has never been more popular, and both sides have earned their fair share of laughs at the other candidates’ expense. These tactics, if used correctly, can help your brand too.
Using the methods of Twitter users during the presidential debates, here are 6 ways you can use hashtags to help your brand grow:
1. Create your own hashtag
- Make sure your hashtag is creative, yet relevant to your brand.
2. Have some guts
- Snarky hashtags were the craze during the debates, and for a good reason. If it fits with your brand’s tone, go for it.
- These hashtags promoted conversation from both sides, either to support or reject the idea.
3. Create buzz
- Use your new hashtag as much as possible, without becoming a nuisance.
4. Spread the word
- Ask your followers to use your new hashtag to increase its popularity.
5. Tweet at other users and brands with your hashtag
- Whether these users and brands are competition or not, doing this increases your following and reach, which in turn increases profits.
- You’ll soon see a greater amount of dialogue between your brand and others.
6. Use trending hashtags in your tweets
- Using trending hashtags dramatically increases your reach and therefore earns you more followers.
- Your brand will be seen as relevant and credible to the public.
Still confused about hashtag use? We can help. Learn more about our Social Media Builder Program and how Your Social Move can help your brand grow.