For those of you who are new to Social Media, taking the plunge and getting started can be terrifying. However, the end results you can achieve are impressive, to say the least.
If you haven’t heard of Red Bull’s recent space jump, this video sums it up in about five minutes of pure adrenaline. One very brave man, Felix Baumgartner, jumped from a tiny balloon 24 miles above Earth to shatter numerous world records. So how does this relate to Social Media?
Here are 5 ways Social Meida relates to Red Bull’s space jump:
1. It’s important to keep goals in mind.
- Without an established, desired outcome, you have nothing to measure how far you’ve come in your efforts. Always make goals for your campaign or program to have something to strive for, like a certain percentage of engagement or reach.
2. Aim high to shatter the competition.
- Your competitors are most likely using Social Media to their advantage. This means that in order to make a name for your brand, it’s imperative to go above and beyond what’s already been done. Whether it’s using an innovative platform, or creating a solid strategy, be sure to aim high.
3. Sometimes, it just takes that first step.
- The first step is always the most difficult. After careful planning and research, the best thing to do is to simply dive in “feet first.”
4. Go for it.
- Once you’ve taken the initial steps, follow up with consistent actions. Immerse yourself in Social Media. Read blogs (like this one), research the newest tool or platform, and tweet and post like it’s your job. Watch as you gain more followers and fans daily.
5. Pat yourself on the back.
- After you’ve reached your goals, be sure to take a step back and marvel in all you’ve accomplished. With increased sales, a greater following, and a positive online reputation, you’ll soon wonder how your brand survived before Social Media.
Still unsure of where to start? We can help. Learn more about our Social Media Builder Program and how Your Social Move can help your brand grow.