Both Democrats and Republicans are using a mix of traditional media and social media to campaign, monitor and communicate in this year’s Presidential elections. Likewise, voters and donors are using social media as a source for news gathering. It’s indisputable that social media is playing a stronger part than ever in a candidate’s success.
Here is why social media plays a major role in this year’s elections. Social media is:
- Widespread- Each candidate has millions of followers and fans online.
- Real time- Social media allows candidates to monitor conversations immediately.
- Multi-channel- Candidates use not only Facebook and Twitter, but Pinterest and Instagram as well.
- Uncontrollable- Social media can be seen as a credible source because even with multiple social media managers, candidates don’t have control over everything voters say.
- Easy and Effective- It’s more simple to send out one post and reach all your followers and fans than to control what political reporters say about a candidate.
What does this mean for your brand? Social media is important and influential. Presidential candidates understand social media’s strengths and you can use those strengths for your brand too.
Let us help you create influential campaigns and grow your social media. Learn more about our programs.