Having your CEO visible on social media can bring tangible results to your bottom line.
The following case study featured on Mashable.com should make any CEO jump online.
After eight years of unprofitablility Scott Imbrie, CEO of Original Skateboards, LLC, embraced social media via YouTube. The results transformed his company:
- 40% increase in sales after the first video
- Company grew 432% in profit last year
Scott Imbrie says,
Our focus on social media connection and innovative products seems to have finally paid off. We are now a multi-million dollar company and the 7th most subscribed sports channel in YouTube history with 73,000 subscribers.”
Magar shared that more than 15% of their customers come directly from Facebook and Twitter. “The fact that we, as founders and CEOs, can speak to customers directly now makes us much more personal and people connect with us more easily.”
Social media programs and initiatives are everywhere. How can you tell if your program is generating measurable results?
Ask yourself the following 5 questions:
- When your target audience searches for you or your business online are you satisfied with what they find?
- When your target audience searches online for solutions to their problems that you can help solve, are you confident they can find you?
- How much does your team manage your reputation online?
- How well have you automated the dissemination of content to reach your specific target audience and generate traffic?
- What amount of your revenue have you converted from online traffic?
If you aren’t satisfied with your answers, don’t worry. The key to a successful media strategy is three-fold:
- Comprehensive program based on your targets needs
- Automation (many tools can make your social media program easier for you)
- ROI: Determine up front what you want to accomplish